1
I've been with friends Kurt and Elvira in Spaichingen for the past two weeks.  Unfortunately, Elvira's mother passed away last Thursday at age 83.  So there was a lot to do around here with people visiting and calling, and the family all coming together.  A beautiful funeral service was held on Tuesday at the Catholic Church in a nearby town called Aixheim.  I had the honor of singing Ave Maria in German with organ accompaniment for the service.  Afterward was a large gathering at a local restaurant.  Even though there was snow on the ground, all the flowers on the grave were absolutely beautiful.  A great reminder that the Lord makes all things new again.

Yesterday I traveled to Würzburg to meet a man who is subletting his apartment for 3 weeks while he goes on vacation.  It's a one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen, bathroom, and washing machine.  I spent a little over an hour at the apartment, going over all the details.  He showed me how everything worked, what keys are used for what locks, and where everything is that I need.  We exchanged phone numbers and I already tested out the internet password.  We signed a contract, so everything is set.  On Monday we'll meet again--I'll give him the rent money and he'll give me the keys.  So although I may not have a permanent address or a job yet, at least I have an extra 3 weeks to figure out what the next step is!

Post a Comment

Anonymous said... March 29, 2013 at 4:19 AM

It's hard to lose a mom, even when she's lived a full life. So glad you were there to help and hold them up in prayer during this time, Valerie!
I know God is working out the perfect place for you after your subletting contract is up. Keeping you in prayer, sweetie!

 
Top