 |
| table set for coffee |
 |
| Easter bunny came to Germany |
This Easter was only the 2nd time I've been away from my parents to celebrate the holiday. But I was able to spend the weekend with my cousin Jeanette and her family, and it was so much fun! Well, technically Sunday morning wasn't very fun, because I got sick in the middle of church and had to leave after the sermon. Thankfully, Jeanette was able to take me home and give me some aspirin to help. Usually I don't take aspirin ever...but desperate times call for desperate measures. By the afternoon I was feeling much better. Jeanette had a whole house full of people come over for coffee and cake in the afternoon: her mother, friend, brother, sister-in-law, plus all of us who were already there, so we totaled 9 together. She baked two delicious cakes, one apricot and one cheesecake. I enjoyed several hours of conversation with all of them, which consisted of me mostly listening and trying to understand what was going on. I think I caught most of it, and I definitely learned some new words! It was really sad to have to leave Jeanette's house. It seemed like the weekend went by way too fast. I spent so much time there in the fall, that a couple of days seemed like nothing. I hope that I'll get a chance to visit them again soon.
But right now everything seems up in the air. I feel like I have no direction. Yes, I've applied for a couple of graduate schools and I'm going to have some voice lessons with the teacher in Würzburg. But I feel very ungrounded and I'm not sure how to proceed. Although I have friends all over Germany, I don't have an established group of friends or someone to hang out with on a regular basis. I don't have a church, and I don't even know what city I will end up living in long-term. Right now I'm just a lonely wandering nomad, and this is not the lifestyle for me. To be honest, I just want to go back home to my parents house. But I have to force myself to stay here and find out what's going to happen. That's the hard part...not knowing. I have to find out what will happen before I go home. Remember when I first came to Germany last fall and I was working on the farm? I was so lonely and I called my mom everyday and cried. That's where I'm at right now again. I thought things would be different this time, but here I am again in the pit of despair.
Post a Comment
I really don't mean to be a broken record...really!....but did you find a copy of that book? I think it would be a huge encouragement for you! Love you!
Post a Comment