3
So the title of this post may be slightly misleading....the Dutch lady who taught our cooking class actually did speak some English.  And she tried to translate the recipes for us as best she could.  The class took place at her cooking shop in the town of Beek, which is close to Maastricht in the Netherlands (about a 40-minute drive from my house).  She is also a chef at a high-end restaurant in Maastricht.

The food was delicious, but it was the whole experience that made it worthwhile.  I will probably never make these recipes again, but I enjoyed the afternoon with friends and of course....eating the food!



Getting ready to cook!
not quite sure what to do with this piece of meat...
cooking the meat (I think it comes from a pig)
veggies!
put it all together for the main course
chef showing us how to roll out the pasta dough
making ravioli
ready to boil the pasta

chicken ravioli with zucchini and parmesan cheese


preparing the plates for everyone
almond roasted sweet cheese with candied apples



amazing deliciousness of whipped creme and sugar with cheeries
The best part was eating what we cooked together!

Time really does fly, because this cooking class took place almost 2 months ago already!  It is not something I would do on a frequent basis, but this group of people wants to attend another one of her cooking classes again.  If it works out, I will probably go.

Post a Comment

Julie Arthur // alonewithmytea.com said... March 25, 2014 at 11:56 PM

You chopped your hair?!?!?! BTW let's skype soon. XOXOX

Anonymous said... April 17, 2014 at 1:20 AM

Yum!! I had to laugh about your comment that you'll probably never make the recipes again...it's been almost 2 years since David & I did that week of classes in Italy, and we have yet to make a single recipe we brought home! I have to say, though, that if I had a whipped cream and cherries concoction like in your picture, I could definitely be persuaded to try that at home. :D

Valerie said... April 18, 2014 at 3:04 PM

It is just trying to find the time and effort....

 
Top