0
This past weekend was very special for me in that two of my best friends, Jenna and Cameron, united together in the covenant of marriage.  They have been dating for 4.5 years, and I was there to see it all.

With the lovely bride & handsome groom
As freshmen at APU, Cameron and I became close friends because we had music classes together and lived in the same dormitory (different floors).  Both Cameron and I knew Jenna because we were in band together, but we weren't friends yet.  Then in sophomore year, Jenna and I decided to live together.  We became fast friends and sometimes Cameron would come hang out with us.  Over the course of a couple months, the 3 of us were inseparable.  We did all sorts of fun activities together and just enjoyed spending quality time together.  After that, Jenna and Cameron went on tour to Korea with the University Choir and Orchestra without me (I wasn't in the group at the time).  Upon their return stateside, I started noticing a shift in the relationship we all had.  Somehow, without me even realizing it, I had gotten booted out of the threesome!  Before long, they were dating, and the rest is history!  Looking back, I am so grateful for the time I have had building individual relationships with them, and also as a couple.

Cutting the cake
Their wedding was on June 3rd up at Big Bear Lake, and it is now officially at the top of my list for best weddings I have attended.  The ceremony was right on the water in front of a simple white gazebo, and the reception took place in a large tent overlooking the lake.  What made the event so spectacular?  I could say the location or the number of guests, the fun dancing or the way everything flowed so comfortably...but what made this wedding the best wedding I've ever attended is Cameron and Jenna.  Not only are they both special people in my life, but they are wonderful people to everyone.  They are both kind and caring, they like to have fun and keep things simple, they are responsible and non-dramatic.  It was obvious to everyone in attendance that Cameron and Jenna are totally in love with each other and took their vows seriously.  They didn't care if the cake didn't come out on time, or if the DJ played something no one knew.  All they cared about was being with each other, and everyone could see how excited they are to spend the rest of their lives together.

The best part for me was being in the wedding party.  Usually at weddings, you only get to see the back of their heads.  But because I was standing at the front of the ceremony, I got to see their faces!  They were both holding back tears and had a sense of awe on their faces, as if to say, "Wow, this is actually happening!"  I had to admit that it was tough to hold back the tears myself.  To see how much they love each other and how committed they are to each other was beautiful.  And that's why theirs is the best wedding I've ever been to.

No way I was letting anyone else catch that bouquet!



Updated stats:
# of Former Roommates Now Married = 9
        # of Former Roommates with children = 2

Post a Comment

 
Top