I can honestly say that I had no idea what I was getting myself into at the beginning of 2012....attending the Rose Bowl, making new friends, quitting my job, getting my heart broken for the first time, losing my Aunt Mary Jane, having the adventure of a lifetime....none of these things were expected. And although 2012 was a difficult year for me emotionally, God has still been faithful. Looking back on the past 12 months, I would say that God has pushed, pulled, poked, and prodded me along this difficult path in hopes that I would finally trust Him. Obviously, I am a stubborn person! Somehow everything I had hoped and planned for in 2012 got twisted around and ended up being completely different than anticipated. But in spite of it all, I was still blessed this year with visiting many amazing family and friends, having an abundance of new adventures, and taking a step closer to my German language goal.
I had planned on being in a completely different place in life at the start of 2013, but yet here I am. On January 1, 2012, I was so excited about the new year and all the plans I had made. But today, on January 1, 2013, I am actually scared of what is in store for me this year. Will I find a job? Will I make it into a school? Will I get my heart broken again? Will I lose someone else close to me? I really don't want a repeat of 2012. Now that the year is over, I want to leave it in the past.
That's why I am at least thankful for the opportunity to start over. It's nice to hit the reset button each year on January 1st. Even though we don't know what's up ahead, at least we know it won't be the same as what we left behind. Everyone deserves a new start, and a new year provides that for us. It's a chance to refocus on our lives, reorganize our affairs, and reaffirm our commitment to God, family, and mankind.
For myself personally, I am going to trust in God despite my trepidation of things to come and continue following my dreams no matter how many naysayers stand in my way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Good for you, Valerie! Keep reaching for the stars, kiddo.
Post a Comment