| Going for our walk |
On Good Friday, we attended the evening service at Jen and Landon's church, which ended in reflective silence. That night there was an intense thunderstorm, with cracks so loud they bolted me out of bed! Before going to sleep, we turned out the lights to watch the bolts of lightning - I had never seen such vivid thunderbolts so close up!
The best part of my visit was holding Micah. He is so precious and beautiful and adorable! His little yawns and stretches always elicited an "awww." A couple of times he took a nap on my chest, and I did not want to let him go! Jen and Landon are truly blessed and I know they will be wonderful parents to Micah as he is growing up - and they already are excellent parents! They take such good care of him and shower him with love.
| Micah's first Easter |
| This was one of the few times he cried |
On Sunday, we attended a lovely Easter service at the church (Micah's first Easter!). Afterwards, Landon made delicious omlettes with onion, mushroom, zucchini, bell pepper, and goat cheese, which we had with fruit and multi-grain bread with apricot jam. I made an apple pie for dessert.
We did not want the time to end, but alas, I eventually had to get on a plane to come back to LA. But I cherish those few days I had with Jen and Landon and Micah. They are genuine and loving people, and I felt so welcome and comfortable in their home. I love them so much, and I am happy to be called "Auntie Valerie"!
Post a Comment
Valerie, I so enjoyed reading your beautiful description of your time with our friends. So much sensory detail (I love the "multi-grain bread" detail!) : ). I miss you so much and hope you are soon writing about your adventures in the Black Hills. We have a room waiting for you!!
Ok, so if you couldn't tell, that last post was me (alex) : ). Matt doesn't usually say things like "beautiful descriptions" or use that many words. : )
Yes, Alex - I know you two well enough to be able to tell who is who! Haha :)
Post a Comment