0
Yesterday, my family took a trip up to Kings Canyon National Park to play in the snow.  Having left my snow boots at my apartment, I had to wear my rain boots instead, which did not keep my feet warm in the slightest.  It was a chilly 20°F in the mountains, and it had just seen fresh snow.  It looked like someone had dumped a huge carton of Cool Whip.  We happened to get some snowfall while we were up there and I was amazed at the intricacy of each little snowflake.  They were so tiny and absolutely perfect.   All in all, it was a fun day of hot chocolate, warm chili, sledding, and some of the most beautiful scenery I have ever seen.  I love Kings Canyon, and I personally enjoy it more than Yosemite.  But yesterday it was especially breathtaking.  Snow covered every branch and rock, and the sun reflected off of it beautifully.  When I caught a glimpse of snow falling in the sunshine, it looked like silver glitter falling and almost seemed magical.  Kings Canyon National Park is beautiful in summertime, but I recommend visiting during the snow season, because it was definitely worth the trip.

Post a Comment

 
Top